This year’s BoostUp! BRIDGE program aims to address challenges and find solutions under EIT Manufacturing’s flagship theme of “Low Environmental Footprint Systems & Circular Economy for Green Manufacturing”. In this edition, EIT Manufacturing is collaborating with Whirlpool EMEA, voestalpine & EROSKI to offer participants the chance to solve real-world challenges using their technology solution.
Discover the BoostUp! BRIDGE Industrial Challenges
Participants may apply for one or more challenges. The BoostUp! BRIDGE challenges are listed below:
1. Pursuing Net-Zero Operations for Whirlpool
Whirlpool EMEA’s industrial site of Cassinetta di Biandronno (VA) hosts 3 factories and several support function departments with energy-intensive processes. They are in pursuit of decarbonizing their operations by reducing energy consumption and process optimization.
The challenge is to design and implement a process to measure and optimize the energy efficiency and performance of a painting process line at the industrial plant in Biandronno, Italy.
Expected Impact: Energy efficiency & scalable solutions for existing equipment, energy retrofits, and establishing an overall decarbonization roadmap for Whirlpool EMEA plants.
2. Measuring & Modelling CO2 Emissions for voestalpine
While the reporting of direct emissions is already required, upstream and downstream emissions along the supply chain are gaining increasing interest. For voestalpine, it is a particular challenge to assess upstream emissions and to correctly allocate those to specific produced goods.
The challenge is to measure and model CO2 emissions of direct material suppliers, from cradle to gate including recycling.
Expected Impact: Transparency, optimization, and reduction of environmental footprint in addition to triggering customer motivation for a circular economy.
3. Optimizing Product Shelf Life for EROSKI
EROSKI is looking for a technology provider that creates an artificial intelligence (AI)-driven model to optimize each product’s shelf life, considering the product’s unique characteristics as well as the rotation levels. This would allow EROSKI to better adjust the logistical conditions with providers and reduce the volume of discarded food.
The challenge is to implement an AI-driven solution to model, analyze, and optimize the shelf life of products.
Expected Impact: Improved operational efficiency at EROSKI as well as reduction of product waste.
Ready to Win Exciting Prizes at BoostUp! BRIDGE?
The winners will receive the following awards:
- Winning solutions will receive a financial prize of up to € 50.000 towards the implementation of the project with the corporate.
- Startups from the winning project teams will also receive a “growth package” of dedicated business support for 4 months, provided by the EIT Manufacturing Business Creation team, and based on the company’s individual needs. Services may include business development support, communication & marketing coaching, as well as access to market and finance.
- All winning projects and related startups will enjoy visibility and international publicity through EIT Manufacturing’s communication channels.
Key BoostUp! BRIDGE Milestones for Participants
- Deadline to submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) to participate: 6 September 2021
- Workshops with corporates: week commencing 6 September 2021
- Solutions proposal submission: 8 October 2021
- BoostUp! BRIDGE Final: 18 October 2021
- Winning teams submit a detailed project plan: 8 November 2021
- Workshop between winning teams and corporates: No later than 19 November 2021
- Winning prize release: By 31 December 2021
- Solution implementation at corporates: 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022
Apply today for BoostUp! BRIDGE to scale your business & advance the circular economy for green manufacturing!
Sharing is caring!