Every week we round up the most important, most interesting, most relevant, and sometimes most bizarre news for and about Amazon sellers. Check in each Friday afternoon to catch up on what’s making news this week. Amazon policy changes, FBA, logistics, fees, expansions, counterfeits, advertising and PPC, black-hat tactics, law and government involvement, warehouses and workers, privacy and data usage, intellectual property, seller liability, Prime Day, Q4 prep . . . if it’s news that affects Amazon sellers, you’ll find it here.
Upcoming Webinars & Events
- [Webinar] Drive Traffic & Convert Sales: Pulling the Right Levers – Wednesday, June 23 @ 2:00PM EDT
- The Prosper Show – Las Vegas, NV – July 13-15, 2021
- Use the code SELLER21 to save $100 off your ticket!
This Week’s Big Story: Advertising Cost Increases
Facebook News & Virtual Reality
- Facebook to begin testing ads inside Oculus virtual reality headsets
- Facebook Acquires Virtual Reality Company BigBox VR
- Podcasts start coming to Facebook next week
- Instagram officially brings ads to its TikTok competitor Reels CNBC
Concerns on Amazon
- Amazon Got Us Hooked on One-Day Delivery—Now Small Businesses Are Paying for It
- Fake Reviews and Inflated Ratings Are Still a Problem for Amazon
- Amazon asks social media companies to help it root out fake reviews
New eCommerce Partnerships & Features
- Newsletter publishers concerned Apple’s Mail Privacy Protection will crater industry
- Netflix enters e-commerce space with new online store to sell show-related merch
- Amazon Tests Brand Skins for Marquee Sellers
- Shopify Expands Its One-Click Checkout, Shop Pay, to Any Merchant on Facebook or Google
- Wish, PrestaShop Partner On eCommerce
- Amazon commits $150M for new ‘Black Business Accelerator’ amid reports of racial discrimination
New Content from Seller Labs
- How to Conduct a Competitive Analysis | Start Your Day with Seller Labs
- July 1: EU VAT Rules for eCommerce
- How to Use Pre-Orders to Build Buzz For Your Product & Boost Pre-Sales
Start your day profitably with Seller Labs PRO.
We’re encroaching on the second half of the year. Are you on track to achieve your goals or your New Year’s Resolutions? If not, what’s holding you back? You could absolutely benefit from a tool like Seller Labs PRO to help you reach (and surpass) your goals. Start a free 30-day trial today, and use the code ICYMI to save an additional 20% off your next three months.